Yes, under section 29 of the CGST Act, rule number 20 of CGST rules state that any individual registered under GST can cancel it. To apply for the cancellation, you can file the form GST REG-16. It is the form that you need to record for the dissolution of GST registration. Further, you can cancel your GST registration under the following circumstances:
1) Closure or discontinuation of your business
2) When you transfer your business due to amalgamation
4) Sales/lease of the business
5) Change in the constitution that leads to change in the PAN
6) If the taxable person is no longer responsible for being registered under GST
7) Death of the registered person
In such cases, you have to file form GST REG-16 within 30 days of the period of occurrence.