Discussed below are a few of the key advantages of registering the work and getting copyright protection.
1) Copyright protection maintains a public record of the rights by the copyright holder.
2) Copyright protection provides right to the owner of copyright to take legal action against infringers in a court.
3) In case the legal action is taken prior or at a specific time from the publication date, it provides enough proof in court regarding the authenticity of the copyright and the facts that are mentioned in the copyright certificate.
4) If registration is done in a short period of the person’s work or anytime before the copyright infringement of the concerned person occurs, the owner is allowed to claim statutory damages in high court. Without registration process, only an award regarding real damages and gains are made available those can be challenging to prove in legal court.
5) It allows the copyright owner to record the registration with Indian Customs to assist in assuring safety against the importing of infringement records to India.
6) Copyright protection provides significant encouragement for the development of creative work. Moreover, without copyright protection, it gets absolutely simple for anyone else to exploit these works without paying any kind of royalty or fees for the concerned owner of the work. Hence, copyright encourages and provides a perfect set-up for conducting financial activities.
7) Copyright protection provides benefits as the economic rights that make the developer have right overused the literature and creative contents in numerous fashion, ranging for preparing copies, public performance, telecasting, using over the web, etc., and also to gain proper economic benefit.
8) Copyright protection makes the creators get awarded for their creativity or artistic value of the work and also supports in a consistent fashion.
9) Copyright also makes it possible for the moral values to be figured out as the developer or the writer of a specific kind of material, also call as paternity right, and act against the complaint of damaging and mutilating the right. The complete right of an author to take the stand against any kind of adaptation or illicit activity is concerned with the work of the specific person is called the integrity right.
10) Registration and claiming of the copyright is going to make the authenticity of the copyright evident in case it is registered in a certain period after the five years of the publication work is done. This can be helpful in avoiding the challenges of the future in relation to the works associated with the rights.
11) One can make use of, go for reusing and regenerate the copies and also can go for selling the copies of the work that falls under the copyright.
12) One may go for dealing in the importing and exporting the entire or segment of the work as per copyright protection.
13) One is allowed to develop any kind of derivable work from the work that has been copyrighted.
14) One can showcase his work apparently with proper copyright safety.
15) One can sell or make the work forwarded to someone with copyright protection.
16) It enables someone to deal with transmitting or showcasing the work by means of audio or video having copyright protection.